Dover man accused of making threats against police, military recruiters

DOVER — Police mobilized immediately upon receiving a threat to shoot up the Dover department at 400 S. Queen Street late Tuesday afternoon.

Tyree Clark, 30, of Dover, was taken into custody without incident in the Loockerman Street area shortly after a call to the agency’s dispatch center around 4:53 p.m., spokesman Master Cpl. Mark Hoffman said.

Earlier in the day, police received a report that a person — later identified as Mr. Clark — allegedly became disorderly at the Armed Forces Recruiting Center in the Dover Commons. Threats were made to staff when Mr. Clark demanded to be enlisted right away, police said.

No firearm was located, police said.

Police said they had no contact with Mr. Clark after the supposed recruiting center incident and believe the call to police was random.

Mr. Clark was transported for a medical and mental health evaluation, police said. Upon release charges included three counts of terroristic threatening and a count of malicious interference with emergency communications.

While Dover PD received a bomb threat approximately two years ago, similar hostile issues are not “common occurrence at all,” according to Cpl. Hoffman.

Police said the emergency communications charge game for “disruption to service since it was not for emergency purposes.”

Reach staff writer Craig Anderson at canderson@newszap.com

Facebook Comment