Dover man pleads guilty to theft in mobile home park

DOVER — A 28-year-old Dover man pleaded guilty to misdemeanor theft Wednesday in an alleged connection with a series of burglaries at a mobile home park earlier this year.

Jason W. Sammons had been incarcerated since his arrest on Aug. 5.

He was given credit for time served during immediate sentencing by Superior Court Judge Jeffrey C. Clark.

He was ordered to continue drug treatment and given a no contact order with at least seven people.

Level I probation was ordered and Sammons said he knowingly and voluntarily entered into the agreement.

Attorney Stephanie H. Blaisdell said she had spent significant time discussing the case with prosecuting Deputy Attorney General Stephen E. Smith and they believed a just resolution was reached.

Addressing the Court, DAG Smith said Sammons would undergo drug treatment covered by private insurance. The defendant had no prior felony record.

“In this case there is an unindicted co-defendant who have been as or more responsible” for the incidents, DAG Smith said, noting that Sammons was thus being given the benefit of the doubt.

Eight counts of second-degree burglary were not further prosecuted, along with seven counts of theft less than $1,500, theft of senior and six counts of criminal mischief.

Dover Police investigated incidents at Dover East Estates Mobile Home Park allegedly occurring between April and July.

 

Reach staff writer Craig Anderson at canderson@newszap.com

You are encouraged to leave relevant comments but engaging in personal attacks, threats, online bullying or commercial spam will not be allowed. All comments should remain within the bounds of fair play and civility. (You can disagree with others courteously, without being disagreeable.) Feel free to express yourself but keep an open mind toward finding value in what others say. To report abuse or spam, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box.

Facebook Comment