Legislative Hall evacuated briefly

Legislative Hall was evacuated for about half an hour Wednesday morning. Two fire trucks arrived at the scene while dozens of people in the building at the time waited out on Legislative Mall. The cause of the incident was a small 102 volt transformer, which overheated and began smoking, setting off a fire alarm.

 

Staff writer Matt Bittle can be reached at 741-8250 or mbittle@newszap.com. Follow @MatthewCBittle on Twitter.

You are encouraged to leave relevant comments but engaging in personal attacks, threats, online bullying or commercial spam will not be allowed. All comments should remain within the bounds of fair play and civility. (You can disagree with others courteously, without being disagreeable.) Feel free to express yourself but keep an open mind toward finding value in what others say. To report abuse or spam, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box.

Facebook Comment