Two Maryland men to face charges in Dover fatal shooting

DOVER — Two Maryland men are being held in connection with the shooting death of a Dover man Tuesday night at the Clearfield Apartments.

The suspects, Depaul Wilson, 35, and Guy Jones Jr., 27, both of Worton, were being held by Kent County, Maryland, police in the fatal shooting of Dover resident Javan Cale, 31.

Dover Police do not believe the alleged incident was a random act.

On Friday morning police said there was no update on an extradition schedule or whether the suspects planned to waive any rights regarding transport to Delaware.

Pending charges include first-degree murder, first-degree attempted robbery, home invasion, first-degree conspiracy, possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony, and possession of a firearm by person prohibited.

Authorities said the late Mr. Cale died after exchanging gunfire with two suspects inside his apartment residence at 120 Haman Drive at approximately 7:40 p.m.

Police said Mr. Cale, who also fired multiple rounds, was struck several times in the torso before succumbing to his wounds at Bayhealth-Kent General Hospital.

Master Cpl. Mark Hoffman said Friday no details regarding how the suspects were identified and located were available. Police said it was unknown who was believed to have fired the fatal shot or shots, and how many rounds were discharged.

No weapons have been located, police said. Authorities said they could not discuss any details on a motive or why the suspects were allegedly in Dover.

Police said investigation is ongoing and ask anyone with information to contact the Dover PD at 736-7130. Callers may remain anonymous.

Tips can also be submitted to law enforcement through tip lines maintained by Delaware Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333 or online at or through the Dover PD MyPD Mobile App.

• Investigation into the shooting death of a 52-year-old Dover man on Dec. 22, 2016 also continues. Anthony Wallace was found unresponsive in an alley connecting Mitscher and Spruance roads at approximately 10:46 p.m. He was pronounced dead from a single gunshot wound to the upper torso several hours later at Bayhealth-Kent General Hospital.

Facebook Comment