Dover man indicted in Magnolia shooting case

DOVER — A Dover man was indicted Monday on seven felony counts regarding an alleged shooting at a party in Magnolia last year.

Denzel D. Braker was 19 at the time of the reported altercation that left a 30-year-old Dover man with a lower extremity wound on June 13, 2015, according to the Delaware State Police. A 20-year-old Magnolia man was also assaulted with a handgun at approximately 8:50 p.m. at the gathering in the 300 block of Marshview Terrace, authorities said.

Denzel D. Braker

Denzel D.
Braker

Both wounded men were treated for non-life-threatening injuries at a local hospital, police said.

Charges from the Kent County Grand Jury included first-degree and second-degree assault, possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony and first-degree reckless endangering (four counts).

Mr. Braker was apprehended by the U.S. Marshall’s Fugitive Task force on Dec. 28, 2015, and transferred to the custody of Delaware State Police Troop 3. He was later held at James T. Vaughn Correctional Center near Smyrna on a secured bond.

Deputy Attorney General Lindsay Taylor signed the indictment for the state.

Reach staff writer Craig Anderson at canderson@newszap.com

You are encouraged to leave relevant comments but engaging in personal attacks, threats, online bullying or commercial spam will not be allowed. All comments should remain within the bounds of fair play and civility. (You can disagree with others courteously, without being disagreeable.) Feel free to express yourself but keep an open mind toward finding value in what others say. To report abuse or spam, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box.