Georgetown fire ruled accidental

GEORGETOWN — The Delaware Office of the State Fire Marshal has determined a Tuesday fire inside a restaurant was accidental.
According to the fire marshal, the blaze occurred shortly before 7 p.m. at the KFC/Taco Bell Restaurant located at 400 North DuPont Highway.

The restaurant was open at the time.

The Georgetown Fire Company responded to the incident, and after the fire ended, state investigators found the flames originated inside the ceiling area of the building when a maintenance worker ignited insulation while soldering a pipe. The fire burned inside the ceiling until firefighters extinguished the flames.

Fire damage was estimated at $10,000. The maintenance worker suffered minor burns to his hands but refused transportation to a hospital.

Reach the Delaware State News newsroom at newsroom@newszap.com

You are encouraged to leave relevant comments but engaging in personal attacks, threats, online bullying or commercial spam will not be allowed. All comments should remain within the bounds of fair play and civility. (You can disagree with others courteously, without being disagreeable.) Feel free to express yourself but keep an open mind toward finding value in what others say. To report abuse or spam, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box.

Facebook Comment