Man sentenced in Firefly robbery violates probation, gets more jail time

26dsn Antonio Stevens by .

Antonio Stevens

DOVER — A 24-year-old man sentenced to prison time regarding the 2014 robbery of a pedicab driver at the Firefly Music Festival received 60 more days after a violation of probation, authorities said.

Earlier this week, Antonio Stevens received the additional time from Kent County Superior Court Judge Paul R. Wallace regarding a second-degree escape charge while serving Level IV work release at Morris Community Corrections Center in Dover, according to the Delaware Department of Justice.

On Feb, 2, Stevens was sentenced to five years in prison on a second-degree robbery charge, suspended after six months regarding an incident during the Firefly event on June 21, 2014.
The effective date of sentence was July 9, 2014, when he turned himself in to the Dover Police Department to face charges. A year of Level III probation was ordered to follow.

According to the DOJ, Stevens was also sentenced to three years in prison, suspended for one year Level II probation, regarding a possession of a firearm by a person prohibited tied to a previous drug conviction.

On Oct. 9, 2015, Stevens was sentenced to four years and six months in prison for violation of probation on the robbery charge, suspended for nine months of Level IV work release, followed by one year Level III. The effective date was Sept. 24, 2015.

Mr. Stevens was also sentenced for violation on the weapons charge to three years in prison, suspended for six months Level IV, a concurrent term, the DOJ said.

In June 2014, Dover PD said an arrest warrant was obtained for Stevens after a pedicab driver was robbed at approximately 2:47 a.m. while driving Firefly attendees to various areas.

Authorities said the 29-year-old male driver was robbed of cash and a cell phone after a rider placed a handgun on his back and made demands in the area of Lakeview and Sunset Drive.

Dover PD officers and a Delaware State Police K-9 tracked a path from the area, police said. The cell phone was later found on a hotel roof after police officers called it, according to authorities. Surveillance footage obtained by detectives was part of the investigation, police said.

Original charges of possession of a firearm by person prohibited, possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony, and offensive touching were dropped, according to the DOJ.

A first-degree robbery charge was initially made.

Reach staff writer Craig Anderson at canderson@newszap.com

You are encouraged to leave relevant comments but engaging in personal attacks, threats, online bullying or commercial spam will not be allowed. All comments should remain within the bounds of fair play and civility. (You can disagree with others courteously, without being disagreeable.) Feel free to express yourself but keep an open mind toward finding value in what others say. To report abuse or spam, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box.