Milford man, 22, charged with assault

MILFORD — A 22-year-old Milford man was charged with assault after an alleged strangling incident, police said.

Enrico B. Giangiacomo turned himself in on Sept. 19 after an arrest warrant was obtained earlier in the day Milford Police spokesman Det. Timothy Maloney said.

Enrico B. Giangiacomo

Authorities alleged that a person living in the unit block of Cedar Beach Road was strangled and struck multiple times in the overnight hours between Sept. 18 and 19. The injured person was not allowed to leave the residence until reporting to work, police said.

The supposed victim was treated and released from Bayhealth-Kent General Hospital in Dover.

Charges included second-degree kidnapping, second-degree assault, strangulation and terroristic threatening.

After presentment at Justice of the Peace Court 2 in Georgetown, Mr. Giangiacomo was committed to the Department of Correction in default of $30,000 cash bail.

Facebook Comment