Three wounded in Dover nightclub shooting

DOVER – Three people were shot outside Allure Nightclub by an unknown suspect early Wednesday morning, Dover Police said.

A 32-year-old Seaford man was wounded in the left bicep and will require surgery following the incident at approximately 1:24 a.m., spokesman Master Cpl. Mark Hoffman said. He and two other victims were being driven to Bayhealth-Kent General Hospital via private vehicles when officers arrived at 865 N. DuPont Highway.

Additionally, a 26-year-old Dover woman was grazed in the left side of her head, then treated and released. A 32-year-old woman was grazed in the left hand, but suffered no visible wound and declined medical treatment, police said.

According to Cpl. Hoffman in a news release, “The incident is believed to have occurred on property immediately next to Allure Nightclub’s parking lot as the club was closing for the night, when a group of subjects were involved in an altercation and an unknown suspect began firing.”

Police on Wednesday said it was still unknown if the incident was captured on surveillance video. Patrons were in the area when officers arrived and authorities were told of victims heading to the hospital.

There was no property damage immediately reported, police said. It was unknown who made the initial call to police.

As investigation continued, police asked anyone with information to call 736-7130. Callers may remain anonymous. Tips may also be submitted to law enforcement through Delaware Crime Stoppers at 800-TIP-3333 or online at; a cash reward of up to $1,000 is possible for information leading to an arrest.

The shooting was the third violent incident in the area in just over five months, including:

• On June 2, a 38-year-old man suffered non-life threatening injuries when shot in the upper torso while leaving the nightclub at approximately 1:57 a.m. Police said a group of people were seen arguing before he was wounded by gunfire. An arrest was made within four days, police said.

• On April 17, three men were stabbed or cut during a fight as the nightclub was closing. Police said the incident occurred between 1 a.m. and 1:40 a.m. and approximately 100 people were seen in the area, many acting disorderly, upon arrival.
The men suffered non-life threatening injuries, were treated and released.

Facebook Comment